|- Hongik University, College of Architecture, Korea
Doctor of Philosophy
- University of Texas at Austin, College of Architecture, USA
Master of Architecture
- Copenhagen University, Architecture & Design DISP, Denmark
- Hongik University, College of Architecture, Korea
Master of Engineering
- Chungnam National University, School of Architecture, Korea
Bachelor of Engineering
Korea Institute of Registered Architects Member 2000-present
Korea Institute of Architecture, Member 2002-present
Korea Institute of Interior Design Member 2000-present
Korea Community Development Society Member 2007-present
Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment Member 2007-present
Korea Institute of Housing Member 2007-present
Korea Institute of Youth Facility & Environment Member 2005-Present
Korean Institute of Educational Facilities Member 2013-Present
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
1990~1992 / scholarship Award
1990. 09 / 1st Prize / Student Architecture design competition / Korean Institute of Architect Chungnam Branch Sponsorship
2000.03 / Scholarship Award
2000.09 / Scholarship Award
2001.03 / 1st Prize / Architecture Essay / Architecture Magazine ‘POAR’ Sponsorship
2002.09 / Copenhagen University/ 1st Prize / Architecture and Design Award for Academic Excellence
Work (Own Projects)
2007.04 / 1st Prize/ Syngok Community center / Architecture Competition
2007.08 / 2nd Prize / Ganeung Community center / Architecture Competition
2008.10 / 2nd Prize /Guangjin Culture & Social complex /Architecture Competition
Research Award & Fellowship
2007. 07 /Academic Award / Korea Community Development Society
2008. 06 /Research Funding (30,000 $) / National Research Foundation of Korea, Informal Architecture in the City
as an 'Open System' - Focused on the thought of Richard Sennett‘s 'Open City'
2010. 06 /Research Funding (20,000$) / Hyundai Asan Foundation Environmental-Friendly Place-making by Vertical
Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Seoul, Korea, Assistant Professor
K2 Associations, Seoul, Korea, Founding Principal
Sunjin Engineering Architects, Seoul, Korea, Project manager
•High Density Housing Design methods foused on East-Asia
•Contemporary architectural Design in Theory and Practice
•Ethics and Aesthetics in Architecture
Ethical Characteristics of Contemporary Architecture based on the Sustaining Thought of Modernity – This study suggests the ethical characteristics of contemporary architecture based on the co-relation between modern critical character and architect’s ethical perception. The qualities of sustaining value from modern o now will be suggested for contemporary characters. This attempts filtering to gain truly ethical forms out of the pluralized and fragmented ethical characteristics in contemporary society by critical characteristics of Modern architecture. As based on the process of this study, deductive characteristics are represented on the matrix of modern architecture and contemporaries by sustaining value from Modern architecture.
• Place Authenticity – comes from metaphor architecture which try to recover and commemorate sense of social compatibility, publicity, authenticity, aboriginality, contextuality of socio-cultural oriented value originated from place.
• Polyvalent view of nature - extracted from sustaining value between the attitude of modern architecture against political system and environ-centric value. At a glance, the compare between politics and environment seems to be not unsuitable, however, political system which modern architecture strived after reform and resistance against is not valid anymore, instead of this circumstance, environment as a globalized system is expected the most important structure and architects are suggested to consider environmental issue related to architecture and resist on environmental intrude. If concentrate on this changed situation, the making relation between politic and environment of this study is adequate. In contemporary architecture, the meaning of nature is aggrandized till new natural by manmade mimicry and technical operation as well as real authentic nature.
•Technological methodology - from sustaining value of attitude against machine between modern and contemporary. Modern aspects accepted substantial rationality of machines simultaneously but for application considered instrumental harm and tried to control it through humanization, situationalization, and organization of machine. Contemporary architectures try to pursuit ethics of machine mechanism based on prosthesis, bio-technology and information.
|•Introduction to Architecture
•Architectural Design Studio
•Design Theory in Architecture
|•2001.12/ A Study on the Design Structural Concepts and the Elemental Characteristics for the Utilization of Underground Space / Korea Institute of Interior Design
•2004.09/ A Study on the 'Ethicality Cognition' of Contemporary Architecture / Korea Institute of Architecture
•2004.11/ A Study on the Critical Characteristics of Modern Architecture based on Reconsidered Modernity / Korea Institute of Architecture
•2007.08 / A Study on the Characteristics of the Place Authenticity Expressed on Contemporary Architecture / Korea Institute of Architecture
•2007.08 / A Study on Rem Koolhass’ Urban Cognition and Architectural Approach based on Walter Benjamin’s Cityscape dimensions / Korea Community of Development Society
•2009.07 / A Study on the Public Rental Housing Policy focused on the Low-income Residents of HDB Flats in Singapore / Korea Institute of Architecture
•2010.01 / A Study on the Characteristics of Informal Architecture in the City as an 'Open System' - Focused on the thought of Richard Sennett‘s 'Open City' / Architectural Institute of Architecture
•2010.02/ The Study on a Residents’ Demands of Support Facilities for Self-sufficiency and Design of Permanent Rental Housing - With Reference to Man-soo 7 Estate in Incheon/ Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment
•2014.02/ Hong Kong High-rise and High density housing Design methods based on consideration of Socio-Environmental Sustainability,/Architectural Institute of Architecture
•2014.09/ A Study on the 'Performance' as an Embryological Tool of Contemporary Architecture/Architectural Institute of Architecture
|- A Study on the Characteristics of Restorative Environmental Space with Biophilic Design, The Korean Institute of Culture Architecture, No.76 pp.85~92, 2021|
- Urban Innovation through Mega Sport Events: Evidence from the City of Seoul, Asian Society for Innovation and Policy, vol.10 No.1 pp.132~154, 2021
- 유아의 창의적 활동 증진을 위한 유치원 공간계획, ; Journal of the Korea Institute of Youth Facility and Environment, vol.18 No.3 pp.77~88, 2020
- A Study on the Narrative Characteristics of Space in Science Fiction Films, JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN INSTITUTE OF CULTURE ARCHITECTURE), No.67 pp.219~228, 2019
- A Study on the Architectural Design of Support Center for Childcare Considering Users Properties - Focused on the Local Support Center for Childcare -, Korea Institute of Youth Facility & Environment, vol.17 No.3 pp.37~45, 2019
- Recognition of the Social Condenser in Russian Constructivism, Journal of the Korean Institute of Culture Architecture, No.60 pp.184~193, 2017
- 이용 트랜드 변화를 고려한 도서관 공간구성의계획방향에 관한 연구- 지역 공공 도서관을 중심으로 -, THE JOURNAL OF A INSTITYTE OF YOUTH FACILITY & ENVIRONMENT, vol.15 No.4 pp.253~263, 2017
- A Study on the Planning for the Local Public Library as a Regional Cultural Hub - Focused on the Gapyeong Central Library -, The Journal of The KOREA INSTITYTE OF YOUTH FACILITY & ENVIRONMENT, vol.14 No.1 pp.99~107, 2016
- A Study on the Spatial Characteristics of Working Environment for Knowledge Workers in the knowledge-based society, Journal of The Korean Institute of Culture Architecture, No.53 pp.69~78, 2016
- 디지털시대 건축의 퍼포먼스기반(Performance-based) 표면에 관한 연구, Journal of the Korean Institute of Culture Architecture, No.50 pp.140~149, 2015
- 거주자 선호도 분석에 기초한 행복연합기숙사 건축계획 연구, Korea Institute of Youth Facility & Environment, vol.13 No.1 pp.189~198, 2015
- 현대건축의 발생학적 도구로서의 ‘퍼포먼스(performance)' 연구, Architectural Research, vol.30 No.9 pp.25~34, 2014
- A study on the design method for socio-environmental sustainabilty in high rise-high density housing of hong kong, Architecural Institute of Korea, vol.30 No.2 pp.83~92, 2014
- The Study on a Residents’ Demands of Support Facilities for Self-sufficiency and Design of Permanent Rental Housing, 한국생태환경건축학회 논문집, vol.10 No.1 pp.11~18, 2010
- 비정형건축의 ‘열린계’로서의 도시 지원 특성, 대한건축학회논문집, vol.26 No.1 pp.45~54, 2010
|- 김정석 김민경, 현대 건축의 공간의 경계성에 대한, 한국문화공간건축학회 추계학술대회 논문집, 온라인, 2021|
- 이연희 김민경, 유목적 관점에서 본 도시 판자촌의 특징에 관한 연구, 한국문화공간건축학회 추계학술대회 논문집, 온라인, 2021
- 심주희 김민경, 바이오필릭 디자인을 적용한 치유 환경 공간 특성에 대, 한국문화공간건축학회 춘계학술대회 논문집, 온라인, 2021
- 신다빈 김민경, 저이용 비주거공간의 사회적 활용 방, 한국문화공간건축학회 춘계학술대회 논문집, 온라인, 2021
- 김홍준 김민경, 회복력 있는 도시 재생에 대한 연구, 한국문화공간건축학회 춘계학술대회 논문집, 온라인, 2021
- 이혜령 김민경, A Study on the Characteristics of Comtemporary Architecture Focusing on Rhizome, 2020 KICA Autumn Conference, 온라인, 2020
- 김라영 김민경, Comparative Research on Post Digital Architecture and Gaudi's Archtiecture, 2020 KICA Autumn Conference, 온라인, 2020
- 박형석 김민경, 무장애 통합형 복합 문화 놀이 공간 계획, 2020 KICA Autumn Conference, 온라인, 2020
- 심주희 김민경, Comparative Research on the Representation of Materiality of Stee, 2020 KICA Spring Conference, 온라인, 2020
- 이동윤 김민경, Analysis of Tectonic Characteristics by the Process of Digital Architectur, 2020 KICA Spring Conference Proceedings, 온라인, 2020
- 김인태 김민경, 메를로 퐁티 지각의 현상학을 통한 스티븐 홀 건축에 관한 연구, 대한건축학회 춘계학술대회 논문집, 제주국제컨벤션 센터, 2020
- 이동윤 김민경, A Study on the Performance and Tectonic Characteristics of Digital Technology-Based Architectur, 2019 KICA Autumn Conference, 대한건축학회 6층 , 2019
- 이동윤, 김민경, A Study on the Social Utilization of Low-Use Urban Public Space, 2019 KICA Spring Conference, 국립중앙박물관 교육동 제 1강의실, 2019
- 김현주 김민경, A Study on the Architectural Characteristics of Elementary Schools and Complex Facilities in School Site, KICA Spring Conference Proceedings, 국립중앙박물관, 2017
- 지혜정 김민경, Middle School design for school violence prevention - Root within route, KICA Spring Conference Proceedings, 국립중앙박물관, 2017
- 김영진 김민경, A Study on the University Dormitory Design as Community Space - Focus on the ideas that utilize Leftover spaces in the Universities, KICA Spring Conference Proceedings, 국립중앙박물관, 2017
- 박세아 김민경, A Study on the Development of New Complexes of Sinjung Metro base for Urban Renewal, Architecture & City 2016, 벡스코(부산), 2016
- 한성수 김민경, A study on culture space based on site specificity, Architecture & City 2016, 벡스코(부산), 2016
- 이상준 김민경, A Study on the Reconstruction of Architectural Design Process, Architecture & City 2016, 벡스코(부산), 2016
- 주현진 김민경, A study on the method of reviving the historical context of local cities through the regeneration industry, Architecture & City 2016, 벡스코(부산), 2016
|•House Design, Kimoondang Book Company, Seoul, 2010, ISBN 8962252546
•A Source Book for Architects and Structural Engineering(Andrew Charlesson), Kimoondang Book Company, Seoul, 2010, ISBN 8962250691 / Translation
|Korean Registered Architect, 2000|
|- 대립적 요소에 의한 알바로 시자 건축 분석, 산학협력단, 2019.09.~2020.02.|
- 영유아의 창의적 활동 증진을 위한 보육 및 교육공간의 디자인요소 연구, 산학협력단, 2018.02.~2018.08.
- 사용자 특성을 반영한 육아종합지원센터의 건축계획적 고려요소, 산학협력단, 2018.02.~2018.08.
- 도안복합문화도서관 설계공모, (주)모어엔지니어링건축사사무소, 2016.09.~2016.12.
- 내린천_아홉개의 풍경, 산학협력단, 2015.11.~2016.02.
- 디지털 시대 지식노동자를 위한 근무환경의 공간 특성 연구, 산학협력단, 2015.08.~2016.02.
- 윤리적 주제에 의한 디지털 건축: 비판적 평가와 가능성, 산학협력단, 2015.08.~2016.05.
- 서울과학기술대학교 창조융합연구동 기본 설계 연구, 산학협력단, 2015.01.~2015.02.
- 브르노이의 사생아-디지털라이징 스트력쳐, 산학협력단, 2014.11.~2014.12.
- 디지털 시대 건축의 퍼포먼스 기반 외피 연구, 산학협력단, 2014.11.~2015.05.
- 대학생 연합기숙사의 거주 만족도 결정요인에 관한 기초 연구, 산학협력단, 2014.11.~2015.02.
- 현대건축의 발생학적 도구로서의 '퍼포먼스'연구, 산학협력단, 2013.09.~2014.02.
- 고밀도 사회의 사회-환경적 지속가능성을 고려한 주거모델 연구, 산학협력단, 2013.03.~2014.02.
- 지속가능한 삶을 위한 건축도시 공간 디자인의 문화 생태학적 선택, (재)아산사회복지재단, 2010.07.~2011.06.
|- A Study on the Characteristics of Narrative Space in Science Fiction Films, Best Paper Award, The Korean Institute of culture Architecture, 2018|
- 교내 우수교육상(2015), 교내 우수교육상(2015), 서울과학기술대학교, 2015
|- Yeasu Welfare Center, 2021 KICA Invited International Exhibition, THE KOREAN INSTITUTE OF CULTURE ARCHITECTURE, 2021|
- Quadrilateral, Spiral, and Rainbow, Reconstructing Boundaries, Architectural Design Institute of Korea, 2019
- Low-use urban space, Seoul-type low-use urban space innovation project idea contest, City of Seoul, 2019
- Doan Complex Cultural Library, 2018 KICA International Exhibition, The Korean Institute of Culture Architecture, 2018
- TRIPLEFLUX, KICA Invited International Exhibition, The Korea Institute of Culture Architecture, 2016
- Nine Landscape of Narinchun, International Invitation Exhibition of Architecture, Korea Institute of Youth Facility & Environment, 2015
- Voronoi-Digitalizing Structure, Cutting Edge 2014, Korea Degital Design Council, 2014
- Hommage to a Bustling City, Ordinary Landscape, Korean Association of Architecture and Design faculties, 2014
- Pampulha Hotel Complex, Latent Dimension, Korean Association of Architects and Design Faculties, 2013
- Library 24.9, Competition For Gaphyng Central Library, Gaphyung District Offcie, 2012
- Library 24.9, Competition for Central library in Gaphung District, Gaphyung District OFfice, 2012
- 동청사 및 커뮤니티 센타, 청소년시설학회, 2007